Baked Cheesy Scallops
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serve: 4 (12 scallops, 3 per serving)
– 12 half-shelled fresh scallops
– ¼ cup butter, softened
– 2 tablespoons heavy cream
– 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 6oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
– ¼ cup orange roe or caviar
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Remove scallops from the shell.
4. Make sure you rinse them properly under cold water.
5. Place the scallops in a colander and allow to drain completely.
6. Return the scallops into shells and arrange on the baking sheet.
7. Bake the scallops for 5 minutes.
8. Place butter in a small bowl. Mash it with a fork until you get a smooth paste.
9. Stir in heavy cream and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Remove the scallops from the oven. Carefully drain any collected liquid. You can reserve it for other meals.
11. Top the scallops with butter mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake scallops for 5-8 minutes further or until the cheese is gently browned.
13. Top with 1 teaspoon of orange roe per scallop and some parsley before serving.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 457
– Total Fat 34.5g
– Total Carbohydrate 3.8g
– Dietary Fiber 0g
– Total Sugars 0g
– Protein 32.4g