Breakfast Quiche with Bacon Crust
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
– 1lb. bacon, cut into thin strips
– 6 medium eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 cup almond milk
– 8oz. spinach, chopped
– 8oz. mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Place 6 bacon strips, horizontally onto the baking sheet. Insert in between 6 strips vertically. Just like you are making a grid. Increase your grid by adding more bacon slices.
3. Bake the bacon grid for 15 minutes. remove from the oven and while still hot, transfer into a quiche pan.
4. Top the bacon with paper towels and some pie/cooking weights. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and cooking weights. You can also use dry beans.
5. In the meantime, combine, eggs, almond milk, spinach, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper.
6. Pour the mixture into the bacon crust and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar.
7. Bake in a heated oven for 35 minutes. cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 549
– Total Fat 43.7g
– Total Carbohydrate 5g
– Dietary Fiber 1.6g
– Total Sugars 2g
– Protein 34.6g