Cottage Cheese Bacon Quiche
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
– 6 slices bacon
– ¾ cup shredded Gouda cheese
– 0.5lb. cottage cheese
– 3 large eggs
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook bacon slices in a large non-stick skillet until crispy.
2. Remove from the skillet and crumble.
3. Sprinkle half the bacon on bottom of a small pie pan.
4. Top the bacon with half the gouda cheese.
5. In a bowl combine cottage cheese and eggs.
6. Fold in the remaining Gouda cheese and bacon.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Pour the mixture over bacon crust.
9. Bake the quiche for 40-45 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to set down for 10 minutes.
11. Slice and serve.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 339
– Total Fat 24g
– Total Carbohydrate 3.7g
– Dietary Fiber 0g
– Total Sugars 2.9g
– Protein 26g