Curry Pancakes with Bacon
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serve: 8 pancakes
– 16 oz. cauliflower florets
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
– ½ cup almond meal
– 1 teaspoon curry powder
– ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
– 4 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 tablespoons sour cream, to serve with
– Salt, to taste
1. Bring a pot filled with water to a boil.
2. Add cauliflower florets and reduce heat.
3. Simmer the cauliflower for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse the cauliflower under cold water and transfer to a bowl.
5. Mash the cauliflower using a potato masher.
6. Stir in the eggs, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, almond meal, curry powder, and cayenne pepper.
7. Season the mixture to taste with salt.
8. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
9. Shape the cauliflower mixture into 4-inch patties. Place into skillet and press down with the back of a spoon to flatten.
10. Cook the pancakes for 2 minutes per side, or until golden.
11. Serve with sour cream.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 235
– Total Fat 20.6g
– Total Carbohydrate 5.1g
– Dietary Fiber 2.3g
– Total Sugars 1.8g
– Protein 9.5g