Frittata with spinach and mushrooms
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 4oz. bacon, chopped
– 6oz. mushrooms, sliced
– 8oz. fresh spinach
– 8 large eggs
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 4oz. Neufchatel Cheese, optional, to sprinkle the warm frittata
– Salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and place aside.
4. Add the mushrooms in the same skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Place back in the bacon and add spinach.
6. Cook until the spinach is just wilted.
7. In the meantime, beat eggs with heavy cream and salt in a medium bowl.
8. Pour the egg mixture over spinach.
9. Continue to cook the eggs over the medium heat for 3 minutes.
10. Transfer the frittata to the oven. Bake 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
11. Remove the frittata from the oven and serve.
12. You can sprinkle the frittata with cheese, but also omit. It is completely up to you.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 315
– Total Fat 26g
– Total Carbohydrate 3.6g
– Dietary Fiber 1.1g
– Total Sugars 1.2g
– Protein 17.8g