Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
– 1 ¼ cups mozzarella cheese
– ½ cup Provolone cheese
– ½ cup butter, melted
– ½ cup pork rinds, ground finely
– 1 large egg
– 2 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
– 1 tablespoon almond flour
– 1 cup mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
– 2 teaspoons dried basil
– 8 slices pork mortadella
– 8 slices pancetta
1. Make the dough; preheat your oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper.
2. Combine mozzarella cheese and Provolone cheese in a saucepan.
3. Heat over medium heat until the cheese is melted.
4. Stir in melted butter, pork rinds, eggs, coconut, and almond flour. Season to taste with salt.
5. Stir until smooth dough forms. If needed add 1 tablespoon of coconut flour.
6. Stir the dough until smooth.
7. Transfer the dough onto parchment paper.
8. Cover with the second piece of parchment paper and roll out to a ¼-inch thick rectangle. Peel off the top paper.
9. Place the mozzarella pieces through the center of the rectangle. Sprinkle with basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Top with pork ham and pancetta slices.
11. Fold the sides of dough over the filling and pinch the edges. Transfer the dough, seam side down onto baking sheet.
12. Make few shallow cuts on the dough, with a sharp knife.
13. Bake the Stromboli for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
14. Remove from the oven and slice. Serve warm.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 354
– Total Fat 30g
– Total Carbohydrate 4.4g
– Dietary Fiber 2g
– Total Sugars 0.5g
– Protein 17.5g