Pulled Pork Nachos with Parmesan Chips
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
– ½ cup parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons almond flour
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
– 1 lb. pork roasting shoulder
– 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning, no sugar added (or 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon ground pepper, ½ teaspoon salt. ¼ teaspoon Stevia powder)
– 1 cup chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ½ lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
– 1 jalapeno, sliced
1. Make the nachos; combine parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic, and paprika in a bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon of mixture onto baking sheet, make a triangle shape, and gently press down. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Bake the nachos 4-5 minutes. Remove and place aside.
5. Prepare pork; preheat oven to 300F. Grease large baking dish with some cooking oil.
6. Rub the pork with Taco seasoning and place into baking dish.
7. Pour the chicken stock into the baking dish. Drizzle the pork with olive oil and cover with lid.
8. Cook the pork for 2-4 hours or until meat starts to pull apart. Add more chicken stock during cooking if needed. The pork should not be dry.
9. Shred the pork using two forks and place in a clean baking dish. Grease the baking dish with some olive oil.
10. Heat oven to 375F.
11. Spread half the parmesan chips over the bottom. Top the chips with half the pork, sliced jalapeno, and half the cheese.
12. Repeat with additional layer.
13. Bake the nachos for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
14. Serve warm.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 561
– Total Fat 43.1g
– Total Carbohydrate 3.8g
– Dietary Fiber 0.7g
– Total Sugars 0.9g
– Protein 39.4g