Salmon with Caper Sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 0.75lb. salmon fillets, skinless
– 2 tablespoons white wine
– 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
– 1 small shallot, finely chopped
– 3 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
– ½ tablespoon water
– ½ tablespoon capers, drained, chopped
– 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
– 1 teaspoon lemon zest
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Arrange salmon fillets onto a baking sheet. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining oil.
4. Bake the salmon for 20 minutes or until starts to flake easily.
5. In the meantime, make the sauce. Simmer white wine, white wine vinegar, and finely chopped shallots in a saucepan for 6-7 minutes or until very most liquid has evaporated.
6. Add butter, and water, and whisk until the butter is completely incorporated.
7. Stir in capers, parsley, and lemon zest.
8. Season to taste and remove from heat.
9. Serve salmon fillets while warm, drizzled with caper sauce.
Nutritional info per serving:
– Calories 421
– Total Fat 31.8g
– Total Carbohydrate 1.9g
– Dietary Fiber 0.2g
– Total Sugars 0.3g
– Protein 29.8g